Shopping Lists

One of my least favourite occupations is shopping at the supermarket. However much I enjoy shopping for books, clothes, cosmetics and accessories, going to the supermarket is a chore I share with Alkis.
P9210631
What I do is  text him or email him the shopping list  which is extremely convenient for me. But Alkis is usually hungry at that time, so he gives in to temptations and fills the shopping basket with items that do not appear on my shopping list - such as peperoni which I hate, mushrooms which I also hate, cashew nuts and crisps - an unhealthy temptation which I prefer not to store in my kitchen cupboards or freshly baked bagels which I'd rather not have in my bread bin - a huge temptation considering I'm a bread lover. And he never forgets any of the items on the shopping list!
Once or twice a month, the shopping-at-the-supermarket chore is my responsibility. I never write shopping lists when I go to the supermarket. I'd rather not waste time texting or emailing myself. I think I'd feel ridiculous to look at my mobile phone while shopping! (I hope Alkis doesn't read this!) And I really hate carrying pieces of paper in my handbag with a shopping list. I usually have a memory like an elephant, yet when it comes to supermarket shopping, it seems I have a memory like a sieve. Unlike Alkis, I forget quite a few items of my mental list.
Before a trip to the supermarket, I make sure I'm well organised:
  • I never go to the supermarket when I'm hungry.
  • I always "read" out loud my mental shopping list while driving to the supermarket. I've even made up a rhyme which goes like this:
Apples, bananas, onions and potatoes
Cabbage, lettuce and some tomatoes
Cheese, ham and pastry for pies
Steak, chicken and frozen french fries
(I still need to find a rhyme for oranges!)

  • I always give a tip so that my shopping is neatly put in eco-friendly bags and, most importantly, carried to my car! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February in Cyprus

A Virtual Tour of Larnaca

A Special Treat