The Bright Side of Life

I had a wonderfully carefree childhood and a relatively easy adolescence despite the fact that I experienced war at the age of sixteen. Thinking positive has helped me to mature a lot and realise that what matters most in life is counting my blessings instead of crying over spilt milk. There's no point in thinking negatively or trying to change an irreversible situation. There are so many benefits in thinking positive including health benefits. For instance, you walk tall, your voice is loud and clear and your whole attitude shows the way you feel. What's more, you emanate a blithe, cheerful and light-hearted  air, you anticipate happiness, health and success instead of brooding over problems or situations that cannot be undone.
Mackenzie beach- arnaca-sunrise-01
I've always looked on the bright side of life. This doesn't mean that I keep my head in the sand and ignore hard times. I just think the best is going to happen, not the worst.  Life, however, isn't always a bed of roses. The worst may occur. I've been through hardship and pain and suffering, but when something set the alarm bells ring, I prayed and hoped that better days would come. Hoping for the best instead of assuming the worst is the key to a happier and healthier outlook on life. Hardships and difficulties are often a blessing in disguise. After all, every cloud has a silver lining. And don't forget that beyond the darkest of nights, there's the promise of the dawn and the greeting of the rising sun.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February in Cyprus

A Virtual Tour of Larnaca

A Special Treat