Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining

I always tend to think positive even when I feel hopeless. I never see my glass half-empty - it's always half-full. In my life, I've been through thick and thin, yet I've always thought these difficulties were a blessing in disguise. My father used to tell me that a pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities while an optimist is one who makes opportunities out of his difficulties. So I've learned to make opportunities out of my difficulties and construct instead of destroying. Beyond the darkest of nights, there's always the promise of the dawn, the greeting of the rising sun. And as Maria says in The Sound of Music, when God closes a door somewhere opens a window. Every cloud has a silver lining.
clouds-larnaca
Can you see that silver lining?


While I was surfing the Internet last weekend, I came across a site which caught my eye.You might like to have a look as well.
THE OPTIMIST CREED

Promise Yourself -
To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Virtual Tour of Larnaca

February in Cyprus

A Special Treat