Sundays


Sundays have a pleasant, relaxing routine for me. There's nothing that has to be done since most of the chores for the week such as marking tests or homework, laundry or house cleaning have all been completed on Friday or Saturday. This makes Sunday feel like the ultimate relaxation day because all of the tasks that hang over my head during the rest of the week have been done.

HomeHome_3Home
While I believe in God, I don't go to church, so there is never any rush to start the day on Sunday. However, being an early riser by nature, I'm usually up and about by 6:00 a.m. People often look at me as if I were crazy when I tell them that I enjoy getting up early on Sunday mornings to go walking. I walk along the seafront at Piale Pacha six days a week and cover 5 km in an hour. This keeps me fit and it's such an invigorating activity.
DSC03079
Piale Pacha - Larnaca

Alkis and I often take a short trip to the nearby countryside and have lunch out. If we are home we have a pretty set routine for Sunday. A hearty breakfast is a must on Sundays! Then, depending on the weather, I enjoy a good book at the veranda or by an open fire while Alkis goes grocery shopping since we hardly ever have time to go grocery shopping during the week. I also enjoy cooking on Sundays and ... creating in the kitchen. So, Sunday lunch at home is always a ritual!
DSC01528
Sunday lunch

In the afternoon I usually spend a lot of quality time with my computer. I have a chance to post to my blog, catch up with my friends on Facebook and Instagram or just surf the Internet. To me, this is the ultimate indulgence!

My-study-room
Dinner usually consists of take-away – pizza, souvlaki , Indian or Chinese. If Alkis and I are feeling really motivated, we might make a nice dinner on Sunday night together – considering there's no important football match for Alkis on TV!! After dinner we usually watch TV and go to bed early. A Sunday at home always leaves me feeling refreshed and ready to start the week.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Virtual Tour of Larnaca

February in Cyprus

A Special Treat