What Makes Me Laugh

Biologically, there is only one quality that distinguishes us from animals: the ability to laugh ! In a universe which appears to be utterly devoid of humour , I personally enjoy this supreme luxury. And it is a luxury, for unlike any other bodily process, laughter does not seem to serve a biologically useful purpose. In a divided world, laughter is a unifying force... It can be anything from a refined tinkle to an earthquaking roar, but the effect is always the same . If happiness is one of the great goals of life, then it is laughter that provides the key.
Laughter-cartoon
 

When I was younger, I found many TV shows funny. Laurel and Hardy , for instance ,  made me chortle when I was 10. The physical actions, the verbal communication, their costumes and hilarious jokes throughout the show made me laugh my head off. As I grew older, I didn't find Laurel and Hardy funny any more. Sitcom comedy and Mr Bean would have me in stitches! I loved the expressions of his face and the fact that Mr Bean's humour was more physical than verbal.
IF
Although I'm not a good joke teller myself, I do like a good story - its attitude and delivery count a lot! I also laugh with people who laugh at themselves when something goes wrong.  I laugh with people who laugh really, really hard even though I don't know what they are laughing about!! I also laugh with people who are trying to tell a joke but burst out laughing while they are trying to tell their joke! See what I mean?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Virtual Tour of Larnaca

February in Cyprus

A Special Treat