August


August in Cyprus is not only the hottest month of the year but also the month when almost everyone goes on holiday. A few years ago, I used to enjoy spending time in my hometown Nicosia which is a ...ghost town in August since most people are away. I used to enjoy the empty streets, the quiet cafés despite the heat which would often flirt with 40°C / 104°  F.  That was back in the 90s when I still missed hometown Nicosia a lot. Not any more. I love Larnaca so much now ! In the morning, between 6 - 7 am, the beach is quiet, not  really crowded, it's not too hot to walk in the sun as the temperature hardly rises above 24°C  / 75°F.
August is a .... lazy moth filled with the beauty and the relaxing scents of the Mediterranean Sea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Tuesday

A Virtual Tour of Larnaca

March the Unpredictable!